Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cake, cake, and more cake!

I know I've been away for a while but I've been really busy!

Two of my dear friends got married on Saturday and I have spent the last couple of weeks coordinating the desserts for their wedding.

They had this wonderful dessert bar, complete with cookies, cheesecake bars, peanut butter brownie bars, cupcakes, homemade truffles, and so many choices of cakes.

The centerpiece of the dessert buffet was their mocha wedding cake with buttercream frosting!

The cake is super dense and fudgy - almost like a mocha brownie covered in vanilla buttercream frosting.

It was decorated with flowers to match the flowers miss Amanda used for her centerpieces and I think it came out rather well, if I do say so myself.

I also made a gluten-free and vegan German Chocolate cake and a gluten-free and vegan blueberry coffee cake.

I'll include all of my recipes in the next week or so, I just wanted to be sure that I posted something so you didn't think I'd fallen off the face of the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails