Monday, April 4, 2011

Fail

Sometimes recipes fail.

Some you can tweak but some just plain stink.

In talking about upcoming blog post ideas with one of my coworkers, I realized that I do a LOT of cooking that never makes it to the blogosphere.

I'm happy that friends and family think I'm a good cook and that whatever I serve them is tasty but in the blog world I feel compelled to be a little more...honest. (The secret, by the way, is to serve friends and family only tried-and-true recipes that you have made 100-gazillion times and could dictate to someone in your sleep.)

Maybe it doesn't bother any of you.
Maybe you like the idea that this is a resource to come to for easy, mostly vegan recipes.

But trust me when I say that writing about the failures will accomplish two things:
1. It will be quite a while before I run out of things to post
2. You will be seriously entertained - when my recipes fail they crash and burn!

In the coming weeks, you can expect to find recipes in a series - the first one (or two...or more) will be the funny failure. After that, I'll let you know how I tweaked the original recipe to produce a more desirable outcome.

There are some seriously awful ones that I can't wait to show you!

I'm getting a little giddy just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails