Thursday, March 3, 2011

V is for...

After my last post about becoming vegan, I had every intention of writing about how veganism is so amazing and WAY more healthy than eating animal-derived products....and while I still have every intention of telling you all of the information that you probably already know, I want to ease you in.

The way I see it is this:  

If I tell you all of the nitty-gritty details right off the bat, I'm going to lose your attention, probably offend you, and drive you so far away from even considering a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle that you'll go knock over a taco Bell in an effort to get a full 180° away from vegetables.  

And I just can't let that happen.

In an effort to entice you a little, I'm going to offer you a few delectable dishes.  They're so satisfying that you'll never again ask, "Isn't being vegan really hard? What do you mean you don't eat cheese? How do you get your protein (calcium, vitamin D, blah, blah, blah)?"

I assure you, after a week or two of these recipes you'll be ready to hear all of the details about what's really in your food and why an organic, vegetable based diet is the way to go. And then, when you're ready to listen, you can sit back with a big mug full of organic, decaf green tea and a couple of wheat-free, dairy-free Fig Newman's and be open to what I have to say.

Since breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, we'll start there in my next post.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails