Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cheesy Vegan Popcorn

 I have a sweet tooth like you would not believe. Even more pronounced, however, is my love for all things salty.

Since the chocolate chip cookies haven't been cutting it lately, I turned to my old standby: popcorn.

It's been kind of hectic the last few days and when that happens, I tend to snack or graze more than stop and have a full meal. 

To satisfy my grumbly belly the other day I popped up a bag of microwave popcorn (the kind with no butter).  Immediately upon finishing, I ripped open the steaming hot bag and tossed in a tablespoon of nutritional yeast. Then, shake-n-bake style I shook it all together to coat.

The result was popcorn that was cheesy and salty without any guilt, animal products, or extra fat.

I highly suggest you try this for your next snack or movie night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails