Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chocolate Croissants

My favorite meal of the day is breakfast. I think I could eat breakfast three meals a day and be completely content for the rest of my life, in fact.

One of my favorite things to do is to invite people over for brunch. I get to cook a wide array of items and dishes and everyone has the opportunity to try a little of everything.

One of the easiest things I make for brunch or for a quick breakfast are Chocolate Croissants. I'm sure that sounds a little intimidating but it's so easy there isn't even a recipe to share - just step by step instructions.

You will need:
One package of store-bought croissant or crescent roll dough
One bag of chocolate chips (dark, semi-sweet, milk, whatever you like)

Start by separating the dough - usually into triangles - and lay it all out flat

Next, sprinkle a few chocolate chips over each triangle of dough. Remember that the chocolate will melt when you bake them, so you don't want to cover every inch of dough. Also, keep away from teh edge or the chocolate will run all over your pan as it melts and will burn.

Next, roll the dough into little crescent shapes, just like you do at Thanksgiving.

Last, bake according to package directions and voila! You have easy, "home made" chocolate croissants.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails